Monday, March 23, 2009

My Very First Knitted Project - December 2007


My daughter has lived in Australia for the past 5-1/2 years. In December 2007 she and her friend came home for a visit. During the visit, her friend learned that I have crocheted off and on for many years. She said that she didn't crochet, but has been a knitter for a long time.

So, I taught her to crochet a granny square, and she started me out on a knitted scarf. She taught me to cast on, knit, and bind off.

Unfortunately, by the time I'd finished the scarf in January and was ready to bind off, she and my daughter were already back in Australia and I'd forgotten her instructions!

So, I did what I usually do when I need an answer to a question....I GOOGLED! *L* I was amazed to find that there were TONS of instructions and lots of free patterns. And so, here is Meggie inspecting my finished scarf. I still wear this scarf every time the temperature gets cool enough to justify it. I recently knitted myself a hat and mitten set to match it. I'll post a picture of that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment