Monday, March 23, 2009

Meggie's Ottoman Cover


Meggie is my miniature dachshund; she'll be 15 years old on April 1, 2009. (Yes, she was an April Fool puppy! *LOL*) My bed (which she considers to be HER bed) is much too high for her to jump up onto without a little help. So, several years ago I placed an old ottoman next to my bed.

The ottoman had a leatherette cover; this didn't present a problem at first. However, as time took a toll on Meggie's mobility, she began to slip a little on the smooth leatherette. So, I crocheted a granny square large enough to cover the top of the ottoman and just crocheted an open weave to fit down over the sides to hold it in place.

It solves the problem of the slippery surface and is easily removed to throw into the washer as needed. Meg is pleased. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment