Monday, April 27, 2009

Socks are Addictive

My second set of socks
I finished another pair of socks Saturday....yummy "grey gentry" Paton sock yarn. I love knitting socks. I have a feeling of accomplishment from using the double pointed needles and even though they're simple to make I feel like I'm making something USEFUL. It's very relaxing to me. So much so that I have two different pair of socks cast on now.
One is another pair of the "Socks 101" recipe in a wonderful denim jacquard. I'm going to do a K3 P1 rib all the way down to the heel on these, just for a bit of variety without getting over my head. *LOL*
The other pair is a "spiral sock" pattern from "The Sweater Workshop" by Jacqueline Fee. I'd ordered the book and learned that I needed some needles I don't already own to knit the sweater "sampler" used to teach skills needed to knit a sweater. So, while I'm waiting for the needles to arrive (I LOVE KnitPicks.com....just wish sometimes that I could buy things locally at the prices Knit Picks has online!), I decided to try the sock pattern from the book. I'm doing this pair in a wild Paton jaquard....I can't remember what they named this colorway, but it has pink, black, white, orange and green in it. It's going to work up either spectacularly great or spectacularly ugly. *LOL*
I've seen two quotes in the past week that ring very true for me: "Knitting is cheaper than therapy" (author unknown) and "There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness'." (Dave Barry)
All I know is that I can be feeling really uptight, pick up my knitting, and it just makes me feel better. And it's not fattening. How many things can you say THAT about?

No comments:

Post a Comment