Monday, May 4, 2009

Catching Up

I've been slow about posting, I know. I've really been having a tough time with pain in my leg and even had to cancel some plans with friends yesterday because I just didn't feel well enough. I don't mind getting older, but I really resent FEELING it!!

Now, what knitting have a been up to since my last blog post? Let's see.....I have two pairs of socks on needles: one pair of "Spiral Socks" from Jackie Fee's wonderful "The Sweater Workshop" book and one pair of "Socks 101" (I just love that "recipe") in a denim jacquard. I've not made a lot of progress on either pair lately, because I'm working on the fun, fun, fun Sampler from "The Sweater Workshop".

I had to order some needles from Knit Picks to do the Sampler, so it took awhile for me to get started on it. But, oh, what I've learned so far! I felt so bad yesterday that I didn't work on it at all, and really resented losing the knitting time on it. I'm anxious to finish the Sampler so I can actually work on a real, honest-to-goodness SWEATER.

If any of my readers have already worked their way through the Sampler, I'm at the point of working the bar increases. I hit a little snag when I got to the cardigan border, through no fault except my own. I'd tried to work it while I was tired (rough day at the office), and that's never a good idea. However, with a little online reading I worked it out and now have a beautiful buttonhole.

My sock knitting is considerably slowed since I spend all my "at home" knitting time on the Sampler. I just do sock knitting during my lunch break at work, so it's a good thing it's a long time until Fall and I don't really need new socks right now. *LOL*

No comments:

Post a Comment