Friday, August 31, 2012

Knit, Frog, Knit

Well, after finishing my sweater last Saturday, I decided to cast on a scarf (one of my Christmas knitting projects).  Because I wanted to do something new, I pulled out my stitch dictionary and found a lovely stitch called "Cells" and cast on.

The fabric that was produced by this stitch was lovely, sort of a honeycomb effect.  Due to the slipped stitches in the pattern, it worked up as a double-thick fabric.  After about 15 inches of knitting, I decided that even though it was lovely, it would probably prove to be too thick to be comfortable to wear as a scarf.  This morning I bit my lip and ripped it back out to start over with a new stitch.

Back to the stitch dictionary.  I found another stitch I liked called Diamond Brocade.  I started the household gadgetry (washer, dishwasher, and Roomba), then settled onto the deck with a cup of coffee and my freshly frogged yarn and cast on again.

I've only knit one pattern repeat, but I can already tell that it will be more suited to wearability.  I just hope that it's as easy to memorize as Cells was!  I still like Cells, and I think I'll find myself some thicker yarn and use larger needles to knit myself some new rugs for the bathrooms.  I think that stitch would be just perfect for that.

So, back to my Diamond Brocade....have a safe and wonderful Memorial Day Weekend, Knitsters!

No comments:

Post a Comment