Friday, April 13, 2012

Just a Quick Note

Just a brief catch-up entry before I pull my Adult Surprise Jacket from its rather untidy puddle of yarn beside my recliner and start knitting a few more miles of garter stitch.

I'm honestly not complaining.  This is a day I need the lovely mindless knitting of rows and rows of garter stitch.  Today is a day away from the office and I decided at 5:00 am that the most productive thing I intended to do today was dress myself.  And "dress" is a relative term.  I'm in sweatpants and a t-shirt; I could open the door if UPS decides to make a delivery today, but I'd be embarrassed to be seen by anyone who actually knows me.

But I don't care.  I was off work yesterday, and that day was spent running errands, getting a set of tires put on the car, and going to have my eyes examined.  So I DESERVE today in the recliner.

So this morning I caught up on some home computer work (I can't believe how fast my Hotmail inbox accumulates stuff) and watched a little TV.  I also downloaded three library books to my Kindle and an audiobook to listen to while knitting this afternoon.  "Angela's Ashes"....a favorite movie, and I'm anxious to hear the book.  I sometimes have actually put the DVD of the movie on to listen to while knitting.  Maybe it speaks to my Irish ancestry, but I just love the rhythm of the words in that movie.  I'm sure the book will have the same effect.

And so, off the PC and onto the knitting!

Have a great weekend, knitsters!

No comments:

Post a Comment