Saturday, April 7, 2012

Cast On!

Okay, I'm notorious for finally catching onto things long, LONG after the rest of the world has already been enjoying them for awhile.  Therefore, I am probably the last knitter in the world to discover the perfectly delightful Cast On podcast by Brenda Dayne.

Brenda has a perfect podcasting voice, clear diction with a soothing tone.  She refers to her listeners as "knitsibs", which I find to be a perfect title for us.  We're siblings under the skin because of our affection for knitting, right?

I only started listening last night, and am listening to the episodes in reverse order.  I know, I know, I should start at the beginning and work forward, and maybe I'll do that after listening to a dozen or so episodes, but for now I'm enjoying listening to her remarks about the current season in Wales, where she lives.

Her music choices in the episodes I've heard so far are lovely (some in Welsh) and appropriate to the subject matter of each podcast.

It's perfect to listen to while knitting during much-needed breaks from household drudgery on Saturday mornings.....like today.  :-)

Okay, back to drudgery so that I can work my way toward another Cast On/knitting break.

I hope you all have a wonderful, safe and Happy Easter weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment