Tuesday, March 1, 2011

When I Grow Up

I was just reading today's entry on the Yarn Harlot's blog, and in it she mentions that Sock Camp is open to the general population. Curious, I clicked the link to see what Sock Camp is.

I learned that Sock Camp is one of those things for which I'd love to have the time and money. It's four days of sock knitting fun, and oh boy, would I ever love to be there! Not only would I love to have the opportunity to learn more about sock knitting from real experts, but the camp is being held at a BEAUTIFUL resort in Port Ludlow, Washington.

Unfortunately, I just don't have the time or the money for such a trip. My job (which I must keep because I've come to enjoy having food, shelter, and sock yarn) is unbelievably busy right now. I have scads of leave available, but just can't get away for awhile. Phooey.

Oh well, maybe I can content myself with finishing up some socks I'd started back last fall and had to put aside to do my holiday knitting.

Gotta say, though, that the Yarn Harlot sure makes that sock camp look GOOD! When I grow up and retire, I want to spend all my time going to knitting camps that I don't have time for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment